Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bringing the garden indoors


Flower arrangements are a wonderful way to bring the garden indoors.  Who doesn't love getting a bouquet of flowers?  I truly enjoy creating with flowers. Early in the morning is the best time to cut flowers and what an enjoyable time to spend in the garden, wandering around trying to decide which flowers are in their prime.  Once I've decided on the flowers, I go into the potting shed and select a container, basket or vase from an extensive collection for the chosen blooms.  
Just gathered and waiting to be arranged.

#1                                                           Finished product.

#2                                                              Each arrangement has it's own personality.

                       #3


                      #4


                     #5


                      #6


                      #7


                      #8


                      #9


                      #10


                      #11


                      #12


                                                                      Outdoor potting and arranging table.

                    #13

                        
                      #14

The last two are fall arrangements with flowers that will dry.  I'd encourage you to cut some flowers, foliage, branches or anything else you find in your garden.  You can use just about anything in your arrangement and just about anything for the container.  Get creative, bring a piece of your garden indoors and enjoy!

I'd love to know which one is your favorite!

6 comments:

  1. I like all of them. I love the colour and glass containers in #2. Also, being a fan of all things white/green, I like #10. The vase for dried flowers, #13, also appeals to me.

    I tend to plunk flowers in a watering can without much thought to arrangement. Whatever works. When I think of it, I like to put a tiny vase with 1-2 real flowers in a guest bedroom when company comes. On a daily basis I can't really have bouquets because the cats attack them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that as well Marie. We have lots of wild flowers along the road and I really like those casually arranged.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! I love them all Michelle. I wish I took the time to do this but haven't brought flowers indoors for a couple years now. I especially love the hydrangea with the sedums and lysimachia. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talent you have for this, Michelle! I never cut flowers and arrange them to bring inside. You've inspired me. Maybe next season I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look terrific, Michelle. You have an eye for creating masterpieces - and how you get them all to be classics. And you have such a wonderful space to work in too! Great post. -- Cindy H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are beautiful! #10 is my favorite. Just the green and white is simple and elegant all in one. Thanks for sharing these and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete